“Simply follow Cowboy Ethics–know right from wrong–follow the Golden Rule and be willing to work hard. Combined, the above will take you a long way to becoming a success.”
1937 – 2009
The Cowboy Code
- A cowboy never takes unfair advantage – even of an enemy.
- A cowboy never betrays a trust. He never goes back on his word.
- A cowboy always tells the truth.
- A cowboy is kind and gentle to small children, old folks, and animals.
- A cowboy is free from racial and religious intolerances.
- A cowboy is always helpful when someone is in trouble.
- A cowboy is always a good worker.
- A cowboy respects womanhood, his parents and his nation’s laws.
- A cowboy is clean about his person in thought, word, and deed.
- A cowboy is a Patriot.
In 1901, W.D. Felder founded Shippers Warehouse with the vision to provide top warehousing and transportation services in the Dallas area. The company began as a compressor and warehouse business for the cotton industry.
In 1973, Darby Strickland and Dick Williams purchased the company. Ken Johnson and Graham Swank went to work in the warehouse at Shippers; eventually earning their way up to executive management. The company grew over the years, and when Darby was ready to retire Ken and Graham bought the company in 2008. As new leaders of the company, Ken and Graham had a strong vision to grow the company and expand the footprint to other parts of the country.
Under Ken’s leadership together with Graham, the company expanded from a regional warehousing company based in Texas to become The Shippers Group, a leading national Warehousing, Packaging, Fulfillment and Transportation company with multiple public and dedicated warehousing and packaging operations across the U.S. Ken was a relatable and inspiring leader, that always prioritized the families of his associates.
Owned by W.D. Felder, Shippers Warehouse served the compressor and cotton industry
Shippers Warehouse was serving the grocery distribution industry in Texas
Darby Strickland and Dick Williams purchase Shippers Warehouse
Well known for Freight Consolidation for grocery shippers in southern US
Shippers Warehouse acquires Southern Bonded in 1988 and grows in Georgia
Long-time employees Ken Johnson and Graham Swank purchase Shippers Warehouse
The Company expands nationally offering Dedicated and Public Warehouse Services
The Shippers Group provides warehousing, transportation, contract packaging and ecommerce services